Top Ten Brands
We live in a digital age in which the power of innovation to transform our world is all around us. Every year VARINDIA brings its channel leadership survey (CLS) to find out the most admired brands in the Indian IT & Telecom industry that enables our readers to articulate the contribution of their brand along with business results. This annual Readership Survey is conducted in 50+ cities in India, including Metros, A and B class cities in the country. On the basis of the survey result, the top brands and the most admired bands have been chosen, where 15,000 voters have exercised their votes to choose their favourite brand. Since most companies do agree that 80% of their products are being sold by their Partners and VARs, it is very much significant that the partner community must have a giant say in this regard as they are the ones who sell the products to the customers.
Additionally, the Survey addresses the strength of the brands inside the organization as well as externally; we provide a more holistic assessment of the brand performance and manage brand value. Information- communication and telecommunications industry are the key input to productivity and growth performance in the country. It has made good progress in modernizing the country’s economy and has started to successfully address structural problems including low levels of human capital and poverty. We believe that a strong brand, drives improved business performance and brand positioning should be identified in such a way that on the functional and emotional level alike, it should refer to arguments and benefits of importance to the target segments.
- Apple is an American company headquartered in Cupertino, California. It designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services. Its hardware products include the iPhone smartphone, the iPad tablet computer, the Mac persona computer, the iPod portable media player, and the Apple Watch smartwatch. Apple’s consumer software includes the OS X and iOS operating systems, the iTunes media player, the Safari web browser and the iLife and iWork creativity and productivity suites. Its online services include the iTunes Store, the iOS App Store and Mac App Store and iCloud. Apple’s premium pricing strategy is what places this brand apart from the rest. It attempts to increase market demand for its products through differentiation, which entails making its products unique and attractive to consumers. This is in tandem with Steve Jobs’ vision who always wished to create a premier product and charge a premium price. The latest phones to hit the market are iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 6E (a phone with a four-inch display) still continue to dominate customer psyche.
- Google is an American Technology company headquartered in Mountain View, California and is positioned as the global leader in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing, and software. Most of its profits are derived from AdWords, an online advertising service that places advertising near the list of search results and has become a household name. Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University. On August 10, 2015, Google announced plans to change into a holding company called Alphabet Inc., a move that will give the Internet giant more room to experiment outside of search and advertising. Google will continue to be the umbrella company for Alphabet’s Internet interests. Spearheaded by Sundar Pichai as the CEO, Google connects millions of people around the world with information every day. Google’s solutions includes Google.com, Android, Gmail, Google Chrome, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Chrome OS, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google +, Google Apps, Nexus Tablets, Google Maps and Chromebook.
- Microsoft is an American Technology major and is the world’s largest software maker by revenue. It has managed to influence the life of each and every computer literate by being synonymous with OS. Microsoft unveiled a number of devices that signalled its view of computing now, and where it would like to take consumers. With the latest Windows Phones models, the company expanded its line-up with some impressive interoperability between its devices, which has always been a challenge for such a large enterprise. Satya Nadella took the helm of the company in 2014 with John W. Thompson taking on the role of chairman and Bill Gates becoming more active within the company as its Technology Advisor. Microsoft’s entire product suite includes Windows OS, MS Office suite, Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics, Azure Cloud Platform, Windows Live, Xbox game console, Bing, Skype, Microsoft Development Tools (Visual Studio, Silverlight). This is the core success of Microsoft and that is what the future holds for business, society, leadership, technology and more.
- International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American technology and consulting company, with headquarters in Armonk, New York. IBM manufactures and markets computer hardware, Middleware and software and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. More than a hundred years old company, IBM has constantly evolved since its inception. Over the past decade, it has steadily shifted its business mix by exiting commoditizing markets such as PCs, hard disk drives and DRAMs and focusing on higher-value, more profitable markets such as business intelligence, data analytics, business continuity, security, cloud computing, virtualisation and green solutions, resulting in a higher quality revenue stream and higher profit margins. IBM’s association with India is deep-rooted and long-term. As per IBM, India will need some 500 new cities in the next two decades. IBM is also strongly working towards smart cities projects in the country.
- Intel is an American technology company headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It is one of the world’s largest and highest valued semiconductor chip makers based on revenue. It is the inventor of the x86 series of microprocessors, the processors found in most personal computers. Intel supplies processors for computer system manufacturers such as Apple, HP, Dell, Lenovo and Acer. It also makes motherboard chipsets, network interface controllers and integrated circuits, flash memory, graphics chips, embedded processors and other devices related to communication and computing. With its focus on IOT, Intel is transforming from a PC company to a company that powers the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The spirit of innovation, technology and manufacturing leadership, and the trust of its customers bring together Intel and this will continue to lead and power the next generation of technologies. Going forward, with the concept of future ready cities and smart cities coming, Intel is focusing to enhance the economic development and sustainability and provide a higher quality of life for the citizens with new information and communication technologies…..Click For More Details